Bone Broth has a great many capacities as it contains collagen and, proteins and minerals that are healing the permeable intestines,
building up collagen in ligaments, discs and skin plus adding minerals that are necessary for the immune system.
Here is a recipe for easily making an utterly well-tasting bone broth.
- 1 kg slim cut of bones from a healthy source of goat or beef
- 1 chicken breast bone and chicken bones
- 3 dl Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 red onions
- 10 Black pepper, ground
- Using raw bones, especially beef bones, it improves flavour to roast them in the oven first. Place them in a roasting pan and roast for 40 minutes at 160 C
- Then, place the bones in a large stockpot of 10 litres. Pour (filtered) water over the bones and add 2-3 dl of the balsamic vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 minutes in the cool water. The acid helps make the nutrients in the bones more available.
- Bring the broth to a vigorous boil, reduce to a simmer and simmer until done.
- During the first few hours of simmering, remove the impurities that float to the surface. A frothy/foamy layer may form that you scoop off with a big spoon and throw every 20 minutes for the first 2 hours as you add 1 dl of the remaining apple cider vinegar.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain using a fine metal strainer to remove all the bits of bone and vegetable. When cool and store in glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use